By Diane Bolger
- Provides the main up to date, finished assurance of gender archaeology, with an unique specialize in prehistory
- Offers serious overviews of advancements within the archaeology of gender over the past 30 years, in addition to tests of present traits and customers for destiny research
- Focuses on fresh 3rd Wave methods to the research of gender in early human societies, demanding heterosexist biases, and investigating the interfaces among gender and prestige, age, cognition, social reminiscence, performativity, the physique, and sexuality
- Features various neighborhood and thematic subject matters authored through validated experts within the field, with incisive insurance of gender learn in prehistoric and protohistoric cultures of Africa, Asia, Europe, the Americas and the Pacific
Read or Download A Companion to Gender Prehistory (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) PDF
Similar archaeology books
Instead of view the contours of past due vintage Maya social existence exclusively from towering temple pyramids or elite sculptural varieties, this booklet considers a set of small anthropomorphic, zoomorphic, and supernatural figurative continues to be excavated from family refuse deposits. Maya collectible figurines examines those frequently ignored items and makes use of them to attract out relationships among the Maya kingdom and its topics.
Il quantity costituisce una sintesi della produzione monetale di Rhegion, limitatamente a quella emessa fra il IV e il I sec. a. C. , e ne illustra i vari aspetti – da quello cronologico, metrologico e tipologico-iconografico a quello relativo alla sua ampia diffusione – effettuandone anche utili confronti con altre monetazioni coeve, soprattutto della Magna Grecia e della Sicilia.
Historians have lengthy asserted that in and after the Hannibalic battle, the Roman Republic's have to conscript males for long term army provider helped result in the dying of Italy's small farms and that the distress of impoverished electorate then grew to become gas for the social and political conflagrations of the past due republic.
A advisor to the historical past and tradition of the yank Southwest, as informed via early encounters with fifteen iconic websites This precise consultant for literate tourists within the American Southwest tells the tale of fifteen iconic websites throughout Arizona, New Mexico, southern Utah, and southern Colorado throughout the eyes of the explorers, missionaries, and tourists who have been the 1st non-natives to explain them.
- Artifacts (Archaeologist's Toolkit)
- Clovis Blade Technology: A Comparative Study of the Keven Davis Cache, Texas (Texas Archaeology and Ethnohistory Series)
- Archaeology and Language II: Archaeological Data and Linguistic Hypotheses: Archaeological Data and Linguistic Hypotheses No.2 (One World Archaeology)
- First Peoples in a New World: Colonizing Ice Age America
- Our Unprotected Heritage: Whitewashing the Destruction of our Cultural and Natural Environment
Additional info for A Companion to Gender Prehistory (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology)
A Companion to Gender Prehistory (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) by Diane Bolger